Sunday, March 7, 2010

Now I Know My ABCs . . .

We’re done!!! I am so happy . . . that Nicholas knows all of his letters. I told him that we were all done with his letters and he seemed a little disappointed. Luckily I have more in store for him these coming weeks. But, it’s time for the recap.

First, we turned the “Z” into a Zebra.




We also colored a couple of zebra pictures.


In order to work on pre-writing and hand-eye coordination skills, we worked on following the zig zags. He used his finger first to follow the lines, but then moved to using the crayon.


We made a “Z” out of wooden popsicle sticks and pom-poms. Some of them we didn’t glue well enough, so they came loose. I grabbed a glue stick and let Nicholas fix it himself. I walked away for a minute and quickly learned that it wasn’t the wisest idea. Nicholas looked at me and said, “Nicholas’ lips.” See, recently we have let him use chapstick. Apparently, he thought this was similar enough.




I also dressed him in clothes with zippers a lot this week to give him some practice in that area. Finally, we read some books from the library about zoos.

We wrapped everything up by coloring our alphabet caterpillar. He now has the top of one wall in his room covered with the caterpillars. Not only do the caterpillars show him what he’s learned, but he can lay in his bed and practice the letters if he wants (and I have heard him reciting them over the monitor).




From here on out we will be doing unit studies. Basically, I came up with a weekly topic. The next two weeks will be all about Nicholas. This week is not only his birthday, but also his annual check-up, and his first swimming lesson. So, we have a busy week ahead. We just have to get Nicholas at 100%.

No comments: