Sunday, May 29, 2011

Partial Weekend Wrap-Up (Evan's Ankle Edition)

Evan and I are competitive people. I don’t mean in a bad way, but we both try to win if we’re playing a game. A couple of months ago we played a mean game of Ants in the Pants. Evan was schooling me and I was doing whatever I could to beat him. I had to pull out Scrabble Slam afterwards just to build up my ego. Word games are my thing. We have fun and there aren’t any hard feelings.


There are other areas in our lives where I like to joke about Evan being jealous and wanting to keep up with me. Ten years ago, I got my first (and only) speeding ticket. It was a doozy too. I was going 46 in a school zone! I totally wasn’t paying attention to the time of day (there were no flashing lights). I even had to go to court because I was so high over. That same day, Evan had to go and speed and get a ticket too (not his first! Ha ha!)! I told him that he doesn’t have to compete with me.

As you’ll remember, I took Nicholas to the doctor a few weeks ago to remove a wheel out of his nose. Then, last week I had to go to the doctor for my own ailment. Here comes Evan ready to top us all. Tonight was his last night of youth group (he is taking the summer off). He was playing basketball with the teens when he rolled his ankle. He came home and we were off to the same urgicare that I had taken Nicholas. Thankfully, it is only a sprain. He’s in an air cast. He should be able to work, but needs to elevate and ice it right now.





I told Evan he doesn’t need to compete for the worst injury/illness. But, there’s that competitive streak again. Really, I am joking and this is all being said in jest. I just am thankful that we’re all healthy for the most part and we have a good emergency fund.

The rest of the weekend has been pretty good though. We went out to lunch yesterday to celebrate Nicholas’ end of preschool. He asked each of us to tell him, “Good job finishing preschool” several times. Then, after some quiet time in his room, we all went outside. I took a picture for my mom that she has been requesting. When Nicholas first came home we took a picture of him “mowing the lawn” with his toy mower. He was wearing 24-month shorts that were so long on his short, pudgy self. Almost two years later, he is in 4T shorts and his legs are getting longer and leaner. Here’s the comparison:









I have no good transition, but onto, our fundraising fun . . . Thank you to those that have supported us through the puzzle fundraiser, Ordinary Hero, and/or Lifesong. The puzzle fundraiser gift card contest ends May 31st. For $10 you can sponsor one puzzle piece and have the chance to win a $25 gift card. We’re up to 135 pieces!

A couple of days ago I found out that Ordinary Hero has a few new items in. They have a new women’s shirt that I really like. Also, they have two super cute shirts for kids – one for girls and one for boys. Here are some pictures:












If you are interested in supporting us through Ordinary Hero, please choose my name in the affiliate drop-down box at checkout. 40% of each sale goes directly to our adoption agency for our adoption fees.

Finally, thank you to all that have supported us through a tax-deductible donation through Lifesong. Lifesong allows us to e-mail as often as we want to get a list of donations that they have received for us. I e-mailed on Friday because I want to start getting our thank you notes out. Well, that person is on vacation until Thursday. So, I won’t have a list until that day or later. We are very thankful to those that are helping in this way.

So, that’s what is going on with us. We are going to a cookout tomorrow. I’m not sure if Gimpy (I mean, Evan) will be with us or not. He’s on-call for work. Hopefully, they don’t need him so he can have another day to rest his ankle. We have a fun event coming up next weekend, so we need him to heal quickly!

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: