Thursday, June 27, 2013

How I Spent My Vacation, Part 2

If you missed Part 1, you can find it here.

Remember how Daniel and I spent a lot of alone time together while Nicholas was at camp last week?  Well, Daniel also shared with me his illness.  My throat was sore as we were driving to PA, but it got worse as the night went on.  While Daniel slept better Sunday night, I did not.  My throat was killing me and I was coughing a lot.  I was pretty sure that it was a chest cold.  I just didn't want it to put a damper on our vacation.

We left shortly after breakfast for Sesame Place on Monday morning.  We got there early enough that we found a nice shady place to park.  It was already 80 degrees that early in the morning and it was supposed to go up to 90.  After a quick ride on the carousel, we tried to find a water activity we all could do.  


Daniel loved this cardboard cutout at our hotel.






We found Cookie Monster hanging out here.



There was a lot of wading time pools where Daniel could stand or sit down.  Nicholas enjoyed these too.  We especially enjoyed Count’s Castle.  There were slides for the older kids, but Daniel was able to walk around in the water.  He loves the water, so it was perfect for him.


Cool dude on a hot day

Nicholas could have stayed in there all day, but we decided to go check out the other rides.  Nicholas did some climbing on the nets.  Daniel and I were able to look up and see him climbing above us.  Then, we got our picture taken with Big Bird and Elmo.  Daniel really loves Elmo, but the excitement must have been too much for him.  He ended up falling asleep while we were in line.  I didn't want him to miss out on the picture, so I held him while he was sleeping.  I knew that we would be having lunch with Elmo and Friends the next day, so he would get to see Elmo then.

After about three hours in the hot sun, we decided to leave.  We were coming back the next day, so we could hit the other rides then.   We headed back to change before heading to New Jersey!  New Jersey was only minutes away from our hotel.  My family lived in New Jersey when I was younger and I got the opportunity to show Evan and the boys my old house.  After being away for 21 years,  a lot had changed.  But, the closer we got to my old neighborhood, I started to recognize a little bit more.  I was able to take a quick picture of the old house as we drove by. 


My old NJ house




After getting lost a few times, we check out a local mall by my old house.  Then, we headed to dinner.  It was a very full day.  The next day would be my birthday.  Plenty of pictures to come.

No comments: